Help plan GP services in Oxfordshire
Local GP practices have been working with Oxfordshire Clinical Commissioning Group and patient representatives on plans for the future of GP and primary care services in Oxfordshire.
Throughout the summer your GP practice has joined others in Oxfordshire to talk about how they currently work, what problems they regularly face and how they could work better.It has also been talking to Patient Participation Groups to find out more about the patient experience, listening to what patients feel is important and their ideas for change.
From this ongoing engagement work with patients, GPs and clinicians in your local area, the CCG has identified the challenges each locality faces, their priorities and how those priorities could be met.
Julie Dandridge, Head of Primary Care, Oxfordshire CCG, said ‘We would like to invite local residents to come and join us at some workshops to discuss in detail with doctors and NHS managers how GP and primary care services in their local area could be organised. We want to know from people, what works well at their GP practice at the moment. GP services are facing increased demand, recruitment difficulties and budget pressures, so we would like to understand from the public, how services could work better in the future’.
If you are interested in helping to shape the future of GP services in Oxfordshire please book to attend one of the following events for your locality:
- West Oxfordshire Locality (Witney, Carterton, Eynsham and surrounding villages/towns): Wednesday 8 November St John The Evangelist School Hall, Bluebell Way, Carterton OX18 1JF 6.30pm – 8pm
- North Oxfordshire Locality (Chipping Morton, Banbury, Bloxham and surrounding villages): Tuesday 14 November Chipping Norton Town Hall 7.30pm – 9pm
- North Oxfordshire Locality (Banbury, Carterton, Bloxham and surrounding villages): Tuesday 21 November Banbury (Venue TBC) 6.30pm – 8pm
- South West Locality (Faringdon, Wantage, Abingdon, Didcot and surrounding villages): Wednesday 22 November Didcot Civic Hall, Didcot, OX11 7HN 6.30pm – 8pm
- Oxford City Locality: Thursday 23 November St Gregory the Great School, Cricket Road, Oxford, OX4 3DR 6.30pm – 8pm
- South East Locality (Wallingford, Henley-on-Thames, Benson, Thame, Chinnor, Sonning Common and surrounding villages): Tuesday 28 November The George Hotel, High Street, Wallingford, OX10 0BS 6.30pm – 8pm
- North East Locality (Bicester, Kidlington, Woodstock and surrounding villages): Thursday 30 November The Littlebury Hotel, Kings End, Bicester, OX26 6DR 6.30pm – 8pm
These events will include a short presentation followed by round table discussions. Further information about these events are available online and if you are unable to attend but would like to have your say there is a short online survey available here: https://consult.oxfordshireccg.nhs.uk/consult.ti/LocalityPlansOxon/consultationHome
To book your place and get more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01865 334638.